Thursday, February 1, 2018

When RAD Makes You Feel "Crushed"

My 11 year old bio son asked to write another entry for my blog.  He wrote it last night and is anxious to help others understand life with a RAD kid.

Crushed
by Sam Williams (11 years old)

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has gone to bed at night and just felt crushed.  Whether you feel like the day was a waste or like you could have handled yourself better or maybe feel like you were treated unfairly.  This is feeling is a thousand times worse when you live with a RAD kid.  But you know there are going to be troubles in your life to overcome.

There is a comfort for people who feel crushed and that is the Almighty.

This morning my devotion was about trust.  I got to wondering what is trust, do I really know what that word means?  I looked it up and it is our confidence in someone or something...or in God. 

Now think about that (and if you are not a Christian , I encourage you to look into that too).  Ask yourself,  "Do i have confidence in God that He knows the future and He will take care of us?".  It is nothing to be ashamed of if you don't. 

Just yesterday I was having a conversation about Kate with someone and the person asked me "Sam, do you trust God that He will take care of you?'.  I skipped over the question and later in the conversation I answered back "no". 

Since then I have been working on strengthening my trust in God.  I encourage you when you are feeling crushed to go to the Almighty and He will help us if you are willing to trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment